- Displays 7 engine parameters at a time
- High visibility large display
- Many parameters to choose from (see list)
- LED bar at the top shows RPM and works as a shift-light
- Compatible with many standalone ECUs
- Works with additional temperature and pressure sensors as well as EGT for exhaust gas temperature measurement
- Easy to connect and tune
- Each parameter has a safety warning level
- Size 175x98x20mm
How to use
- Connect 12V (ignition ON) and ground wires to the device.
- Connect CAN bus wires (CANH and CANL) OR serial port cable to ECU
- Connect any additional sensors according to the wiring diagram (If needed)
- Use the Configuration Software to change positions or set warning levels
LDperformance Racing DASH2 can connect to an ECU and pull all required data from there. Also it supports a number of sensors which can be directly connected to the DASH.
The link with the ECU is through CAN bus or the supplied serial port cable. The list of parameters the DASH can display is:
Injector Duty Cycle
LDperformance DASH can display additional parameters if the suitable sensors are connected. It can also be used in standalone mode without connecting to an ECU. The list of possible parameters is:
AFR – 0-5V input compatible with most wideband controllers and LDperformance wideband
RPM – Detects RPM from tachometer (or 5v ignition coil)
Coolant / Air / OIL temp – 1/8npt temperature sensor available
OIL / Fuel pressure – 1/8npt pressure sensor available up to 10 bar (150psi)
EGT – Exhaust gas temperature measurement – EGT probe available separately
GPS module - shows vehicle speed in kph or mph
External signal Duty cycle and time low
Hardware & Function
The unit can detect engine RPM using the tachometer signal. This could be available at the ECU or the ignition module of the car. Alternatively, a signal wire going to an ignition coil or injector could be used.
LDperformance RACE DASH has 3 temperature inputs - Coolant, Air and Oil. They are identical. Suitable sensor is available from LDperformance.
Three inputs are available – OIL and Fuel Pressure and Boost. These use 3 wire sensor available from LDperformance. The sensor measures up to 10 bar (150psi)
The wiring harness includes a serial port cable. It can be used to get data from the ECU or to configure the DASH from a laptop using USB to serial adapter. The GPS module also connects to the serial port so it is not possible to use GPS and connect to an ECU through the serial port at the same time!
Used to connect to most ECUs.
Additional GPS module is available. The gps module is connected to the serial port cable. It's used to read vehicle speed in kph or mph. The old type gps module is connected like this:
Dash2 can also read EGT sensor directly. All that is required is to connect EGT probe according to the wiring diagram. Polarity is important – it will not work if the wires are reversed.
The input is 0-5V which corresponds to 7.4 – 22.5 AFR commonly used by wideband controllers as well as the LDperformance Wideband Controller.
How to use the PC software and update firmware
Its possible to connect the Dash2 to the OBD2 port if the vehicle is manufactured after 2008.