- Displays 6 parameters at a time
- High visibility large display
- Many parameters to choose from (see list)
- RPM LED bar-graph
- Compatible with many standalone ECUs
- Works with a number of Temperature and pressure sensors
- 2 channels of exhaust gas temperature measurement - EGT
- Easy to wire up and tune
- Each parameter has a safety warning level
- Size 180x115x25mm
How to use
- Connect 12V (ignition ON) and ground wires to the device.
- Connect CAN bus wires (CANH and CANL) OR serial port cable to ECU
- For DTA fast ECU enable "Standard CAN stream" OR "DASH RS232 Stream" from "Other Map settings" -> Data stream
- For MS ECU no need to enable anything.
- Connect any additional sensors according to the wiring diagram
- Use the Configuration Software to change positions or set warning levels
LDperformance RACE DASH can connect to an ECU and pull all required data from there. Also it supports a number of sensors which can be directly connected to the DASH.
Currently there is firmware for DTAfast S series ECUs and Megasquirt 2/3 ECUs. The connection is done through CAN bus or the supplied serial port cable. The list of parameters the DASH can use from MS is:
Injector Duty Cycle
Injector Duty Cycle
LDperformance DASH can display additional parameters if the suitable sensors are connected. It can also be used in standalone mode without connecting to an ECU. The list of possible parameters is:
AFR – 0-5V input compatible with most wideband controllers and LDperformance wideband
RPM – Detects RPM from negative wire of injector or ignition coil
Coolant / Air / OIL temp – 1/8npt temperature sensor available
OIL / Fuel pressure – 1/8npt pressure sensor available up to 10 bar (150psi)
EGT – 2 channels of Exhaust gas temperature measurement – EGT probe available separately
External signal Duty cycle and time low
Hardware & Function
The unit is capable of detecting engine RPM using the tachometer signal. This could be available at the ECU or the ignition module of the car. Alternatively, a signal wire going to an ignition coil or injector could be used.
LDperformance RACE DASH has 3 temperature inputs - Coolant, Air and OIL. They are identical. Suitable sensor is available from LDperformance.
Two inputs are available – OIL and Fuel Pressure. These use 3 wire sensor available from LDperformance. The sensor measures up to 10 bar (150psi)
The wiring harness already has the serial port. It can be used to get data from the ECU (currently Megasquirt 2) or to configure the DASH from a laptop using USB to serial adapter.
This feature might not be available on all units and needs a firmware upgrade to be used.
On-board are also two channels of exhaust gas temperature measurement. All that is required is to connect EGT probe according to the wiring diagram. Polarity is important – it will not work if the wires are reversed.
The input is 0-5V which corresponds to 7.4 – 22.5 AFR commonly used by wideband controllers as well as the LDperformance Wideband Controller.